Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chlorinate well question

On Oct 7, 11:22*am, cln wrote:
On Sep 30, 11:53*pm, "Steve Barker DLT"

wrote:
Oh pleeeeeeese..... * i grew up on well water and you do not chlorinate it.
Jeeeeeze.. *What's the purpose of having a well if you're going to ruin the
water like city water?

I grew up on well water too but when the neighbor desiced to replace
his septic tank... his problem became ours.
Chlorine was the only solution... as a matter of fact, we had to shock
it a second time because the results still came out bad!

Chlorine is drained out, so you loose that 'city taste'.
You wash you dishes right? do you leave the soap on the dishes or do
you rinse?

Now, this makes no sense. You say your neighbor replaced his septic
system and it caused your well to become contaminated, so you shocked
it with chlorine, and then continued to use it? Are you for real?
Code specifies the minimum allowed distance between a septic system
and a well to avoid this problem. And if a septic system is
contaminating your drinking water, I don't know who in their right
mind would think shocking it with some chlorine a couple times was a
safe and acceptable solution.