Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
Vaughn Simon Vaughn Simon is offline

Default Honda generators

"z" wrote in message
. ..
One thing that might help for longevity is to use an engine injector type
cleaner into the air intake and spark plug hole when you change the oil
each time.

I don't know about that, but I follow the owner's manual to the letter. That
includes getting every drop of fuel out the tank and carb (it has a special
valve for that) and coating the inside of the cylinder with a bit of oil before
storage. This is also a good time to change the oil. Since mine is used only
for hurricane season, this engine "pickling" becomes an annual event celebrating
the end of hurricane season.

--
Vaughn

.................................................. .......
Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked. Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint: Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://news.aioe.org/ and/or http://www.motzarella.org/ for free, and/or
http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time $3.95 setup fee. Newsguy,
http://www.newsguy.com/ offers a variety of reasonably priced services. If you
wish to experiment with real Usenet access, they will give you a free 2-day
trial account.

Will poofread for food.