Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Curtis Brown Curtis Brown is offline

Default S-video in works but Coax in doesn't work

"b" wrote in message

ha escrito:
Hi,

The Coax input on my Sony KV32S42 isn't working. I can watch DVDs by
connecting my DVD player to the S-video input but I get only snow when
I connect my VCR or my cable line to the Coax input. I'm hoping this
is something I can fix myself but I'm not at all knowledgeable about
TV repair so I need some direction.

Thanks.
S.

Have you tried going thru the tuning /channel search function?
have you checked the thing is set to UHF /VHF/cable reception (as
needed)?

Because if it was set to ANTENNA as opposed to cable, he would still be able
to watch his VHS tapes and the first 13 channels. It's obvious that the
tuner is not functioning correctly.