Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

Default Central Heating Inhibitor

Slider wrote:
Currently got some Sentinel X400 (sludge remover) in my system. Will
be draining down and re-filling shortly and looking at the difference
types of inhibitor. Our house 13 rads, looks like 1 litre of
Sentinel X100 will protect upto 10 rads. Screwfix have some
no-nonsense CH inhibitor (£8 versus £13 for the Sentinel brand). As
I need 2 litres I was thinking of getting the No-nonsense brand. Has
anyone used this stuff? Is it worth spending the extra £10 and
getting 2 litres of Sentinel?

I used the Purimachos inhibitor once. I wouldn't use it again if it was a
tenth of the price of Sentinel.