Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frustration with Craftsman Belt Sander

On Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:22:34 -0700, "The Ranger"
wrote:

I've had this tool for over two decades and never had any
issues prior (other than surprise at how much material a belt
sander can chew through with each revolution).

I was using it this past weekend on some green wood and instead
of creating a mountain of sawdust, it created a pile of sand
belts.

I can remember EVER breaking a belt prior. Any ideas on what
I'm doing or why they might be separating at the glue-joint?

Many thanks.

The Ranger

I usually don't sand green wood, but working green wood is very
different than dried wood. Allow the plate to cool down every 5-10
minutes. I suspect you have some cheap sanding belts.