Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Replacement transformer for sweeper

"digger odell" wrote in message
On Oct 6, 4:27 pm, "charlie"
wrote:
"digger odell" wrote in message

I have a 12v Model CFV Type 1 Black & Decker Cordless Floor Vac which
uses a 12v transformer which I have temporarily misplaced. In the
meantime, I found one which I'd like to try out, with two different
settings -- one with 100 mA and the other with 300 mA output. Would
either of these two settings work OK?

Thanks
digger

read the label on the vac to see what it draws. pick a number on the
transformer higher than that.

That information "might" be in the missing manual but the only lable
is on the
base plate, dontaining the model number and the fact that it is
12vdc. My
simple minded thought is that the battery would simply charge in less
time
if I set the transformer on 300mA. I even have another charger
which
supplies 700mA.

Is there any danger of damaging the battery from using a trickle
charge that
is less/more than what's recommended?

digger

---

you can cause a fire if it's too low. there is no danger if it's too high.
see if you can google for the manual or specs on it.