Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Anyone recomend a Digital TV aeriel?

"Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)" wrote:

In article , Alan
wrote:

There is no such thing as a digital aerial.

Yes and no...

Any CAI certified aerial will have a balun. It will also have been proven to
be able to pass the digital signals without significant data corruption.

I think the reason there are "Digital" aerials is to differentiate between
certified and non certified types. Bear in mind that because analogue
degrades gracefully, you can often get away with any old contractor crap and
still get acceptable signals. Not the case with a digital service.

I'm getting very poor Freeview reception. I expect I need a better
aerial, but I would like to mount it in the loft for ease of access.

Is it possible to get better reception with a very good loft aerial
than with a crappy old small aerial mounted on the chimney stack? I
know that a very good aerial on the chimney stack would be better
still, but I would like to do it myself so only the loft would be
practicable.