Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why hasn't my copper pipe burst after feezing?

On Oct 6, 10:51�am, dpb wrote:
dpb wrote:

a few years federal legislation was passed requiring all faucets leak
if pressure exceeeds 200 pounds or something like that.

Can you find/reference that????? �Seems pretty farfetched to me....

That is, I'm aware of some modifications requiring anti-scalding valves,
probably some updates are made periodically on relief valves, but an
ordinary plumbing isolation valve just doesn't seem right, logical or
probable...

--

sorry it was a news item cant find a link.

any spring loaded valve should provide over pressure protection, which
is built into T&P valves.

pressures from frozen pipe can reach a thousand pounds, such
protection is a good idea