Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Anyone recomend a Digital TV aeriel?

George wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
m...
"dennis@home" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
om...
Hi-gain,outdoor in the region of £20/25

Yes I know a normal analogue aerial on a freeview box will work when
the switchover applies but the sister doesn't want a FV box hooked up
to the TV.
The reason an analogue one will work is because there is no such thing
as a digital aerial, they are all analogue.

You will not get digital TV by just changing the aerial, you /need/
either:-

a satellite box + disk
a freeview TV + aerial
a freeview set top box + aerial

I bet you I can post a URL to a digital aerial Dennis. ;-)

Go on then.

Maplins Code: A57CW

I have a A22HG wide band, mind you it was not the current price when I
brought mine and for an RG postcode works brilliant, and a lot cheaper
than the £180 I was quoted to have one fitted and all I did was to point
it in the same direction as the other ones nearby no fancy set up tools
really needed I did buy strength meter A55HJ but it was next to useless
as it to insensitive only having 5 LEDS the difference in degrees
between a led going off was about 60
but as others have said you might not need a new aerial to pick up
Digital just give it a try then buy one if its really needed

--
Kevin R
Reply address works