Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Alan is offline

Default Anyone recomend a Digital TV aeriel?

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote
In article ,
Alan wrote:
A wideband aerial tends to be a compromised design.

Not so - log periodic aerials can be wide band and have a superb DP.

I'm aware of that because I have a Blakes' log periodic pointing at a
transmitter 18 miles away where both channel 24 and 59 are required for
digital reception. It has a similar performance to the very large
wideband array it replaced - after 25 years of service bits fell off of
the original aerial

Most widebands being sold as digital aerials are not a log periodic
design.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com