Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Behning Jim Behning is offline

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 08:03:32 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote
Swingman wrote:

Au contraire ... I know it won't work ...

Damn, where were you when Paulson needed you?

Actually, on the the phone and e-mail to my two Senators and my
Representative, twice in one week, advising them to fire him and to vote NO
on his boondoggle.

AAMOF, I just filled out my absentee ballot this morning ... both incumbent
Senators lost my vote this week, and my Representative, who had the sense to
vote NO, got it.

How does that work? We have only two senators in my state. Senators
have 6 year terms and a third of the criminals are up for election
every two years. I can only vote out one senator this year. Another
senator in two years and no one in 4 years. My congressman did not
vote for the package. One of my senators sent back a form letter that
said he could not do nothing. I did not ask that he do nothing. I
asked that they consider some other plans and do somethign other than
what they chose to do. The other senator did not have the time to
write a form letter answer to explain his choice of ignoring his
consituents. Granted they have the time to read a 400 page document
that started out as a few page piece of fluff so they know intimately
all about what I have not read.

On the radio I heard on "representative" state that their office had
over 90,000 phone calls about the issue. 85,000 against but of course
they had to vote for it.