Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 20:58:41 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:

We had custom AT's with extended memory cards that the o.s. didn't really
know. The program we used (large company) had gotten the custom AT's with
another CAD program - and converted one to AutoCad for Engineering.

I had a sample math co-processor that made Autocad work on my XT.

Whoa that's a blast from the past!
I paid $400. in relatively uninflated dollars for a 80287 for CAD.

Ran like a rocket, it did.

Ah, the proverbial Math Chip of ancient lore! I never had the ducats
for one but heard they really made those fast old 4MHz 80286 comps
really scream for graphic and math work. g

--
Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
-- Rodin