Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

Swingman wrote:

Au contraire ... I know it won't work ...

Damn, where were you when Paulson needed you?

But FDR would be proud, eh?

I'm old enough to remember a cold gray overcast April day in northern
Ohio when I sat in my 4th grade class and looked outside to see the
flag flying at half mast in the front yard of the school.

First time I had ever seen that before.

Teacher explained it was to show respect for FDR, the president, who
had just died.

That experience also impacted the way I viewed JFK's death less than
20 years later.

If you are old enough to remember FDR, then you remember people either
hated him or loved him, there was no middle ground.

The fact that you were a republican or a democrat was immaterial, this
was an up/down vote on FDR himself.

It's funny that almost 80 years later, Bush and his bunch of fruit
cakes were still trying to dismantle S/S.

Lew