Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drawing program CAD

We had custom AT's with extended memory cards that the o.s. didn't really
know. The program we used (large company) had gotten the custom AT's with
another CAD program - and converted one to AutoCad for Engineering.

I had a sample math co-processor that made Autocad work on my XT. It was
maxed 640M and two hard drives. I was trying to get a laser printer
from a company in Canada, but support wasn't there. Used plotters.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Winston wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

Winston wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

(...)

I don't think DC had been invented yet, 1n '88 or '89.

I vaguely recall buying a Generic CADD upgrade from IMSI in San Rafael
in that general time frame.

--Winston

Actially, yes it was.

TurboCAD came out in "the very early nineties". -- Bob Mayer, CEO of
IMSI Design

I think DesignCAD was released after TurboCAD, yes?
Check at 1:29 of 6:20 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vfB5hQsWQw

--Winston

It ran on an XT quite well when Autocad could barely run on an AT at all.

Heh! I tried running Generic CADD 1 on a Compaq luggable.
It was S L O W.

--Len