Posted to alt.home.repair
Erma1ina Erma1ina is offline

Default What's a good walk behind mower?

Cabot wrote:

I have about 1/2 acre, but the house takes up a decent portion of the land.

I will be looking for a decent walk behind mower next year....not a rider.

I've had John Deere 22" cut, a Honda 21" (which I really liked, but the
motor blew up), back to John Deere (which was horrible), then 2 years ago I
bought a Snapper 26", which is absolutely the worst mower I've owned. The
Snapper has broken down so many times, I wish they had a lemon law on
lawnmowers.

I don't think my lot is too big for a walk behind, some neighbors have
riders, some landscapers, and some walk behinds.

My neighbors which mow their own, complain they have junk, but I see a lot
of the Murray brand.

If you have a lawnmower, which you're proud of, and don't mind sharing the
name. What brand is it?

Thanks!

I've been very happy with my Toro Super Recycler with aluminum deck and
"Personal Pace". It performed flawlessly with routine maintenance (oil,
air filter, spark plug, blade sharpening) for 8 seasons. Then, last
year, when I had to replace the Personal Pace cable, I took it in for a
general overhaul and, again, it's been performing flawlessly ever since.

I have about 1/4 acre (which includes a modest-sized house) with various
plantings to work around; it makes one appreciate the "Personal Pace"
feature.