Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Concrete - Using Quickcrete, how much to mix?

"Dan Musicant" wrote

an, I was hunting up thre quickcrete site and noted the forms for making
:brick-look. Seemed easy. Is that what you are doing? I may do it here.
:The simple standard brick look seems right for this project.

I'll try to describe what I did. Just next to my house there's a small
rectangular patch of ground with plants. It's about 3.5 feet by 12 feet.
On one long side is the side of the house, red brick. On the other 3
sides is a concrete surround, raised about 4 inches above the concrete
patio. For some reason, one of the shorts sides was missing, and a very
short portion of the long side. I put in the missing concrete today.

Ok thanks! Not the same project we need but interesting thread to me! Kind
of the 'learn something new each day'.

I am wondering if those quickcrete molds (see, about 2x2) work well. They
let you use quickcrete to make a sort of faux brick or stone walkway. I
need something all along the ground level sunroom addition we made, or the
mud from rain drops splatters the screens and glass. I was thinking in our
case, a double wide set (about 4ft out) would meet our needs. The other
idea was a 3ft or so suround of ground level trex decking but we havent the
money for that just now.

I liked the look best of the simple 'brick' mold where you add their
colorant to make it terra cotta. I am lucky as they have a store near me.

Now, to see (possibly in a separate post so as to not mess up yours) if any
have any experience with this sort of need, and what they found.