Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Growler

I have here something I bought cheap at a Goodwill store, a few years
ago.The device measures about eleven inches long and about two inches in
diameter.It looks sort of like an oversize large plastic crayon.There is
an electric cord on the bottom of the device and also a little knurled
brass knob on the bottom of the device.On the bottom of the device it
says, Master Appliances,Inc Marion, Indiana 20 W 115 V

It might be a degaussing wand/pen, intended to remove residual
magnetism from the erase and record/playback heads in a tape deck?

--
Dave Platt AE6EO