Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:00:57 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques o'furred without opining:

(...)

I do watch both on the same day and get two more that week. yes, the
DVDs are in great shape, usually. I think I've only had two bad ones
in the past year.

Intriguing. Thanks, Larry!

Do they operate up there in Canuckistan? I don't know.

(...)

We're looking at over $800 here, even for the $195 cheap seat. sigh

Well, heck. Another damn brick wall to walk around!

Ayup.

I could use a copy of SoftPlan more than I could a copy of Rhino3D,
as most things I build are made of wood, with some metal bits.

? Rhino is material independent. (You were just yanking my chain?)

No, I wasn't yanking your chain, Winnie. SoftPLAN generates BOMs, does
estimating, lays out wall framing for you, had mfgr libraries for
actual texture files, etc.

It's really a super set of programs. (It had damned well better be at
close to three thousand dollars...)

See for yourself at www.softplan.com .

--
Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely.
-- Rodin