Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:34:19 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

I've been using APN for over a year and am happy with it..
$3 a month and most folks are good to go with all the groups that I subscribe
to.. (I use the $6 a month plan, since I download a lot of music)

http://www.forteinc.com/apn/index.php

"mapdude" wrote in message
Just got the notice today.

So, what are the alternatives to get the newsgroups?

For a one time $3.95 sign-up fee www.teranews.com is OK, but some of my
posts never seem to make it to the group.

Last night I signed up for a free www.motzarella.org account and it works
better posting, but they don't carry ABPW, at least on the server I'm using.
They have two others I've not tried yet. .

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing