Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

"Jay R" wrote in message
I would check their terms of service.

Verizon's notice specifically stated that accessing the dropped groups
using "other" means over Verizon's service was against their terms of
service.

After speaking with a number of network fold I ignored them and signed up
for a news servcie.

I received an email this week from Verizon noting that I had been
acccessing seveal alt.binaries groups including ww pix, some model train
sites and a couple others.

It reminded me that this was in violation of the terms of service.

I have concluded that:

1) They can monitor accessing banned groups

2) They know where I live

and

3) Will keep doing so until I see what they threaten to do.

I am hoping enough people get mad enough to petition for a class action
for denial of service.

I can't believe the news services are not staring to worry about this.

Do they have a local office? I would just show up with some picket sign
outside their local office. I would call the local media.

You have to have the right pitch. The model train thing is just perfect.
Tell the media that verizon hates model trains and they are persecuting you.
That will be hard to explain away.