Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Concrete - Using Quickcrete, how much to mix?

wrote:

Rough sides:

http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user... ughsides.jpg

Is there something I can do to fill in the sides? I figure it will
hold up, it just looks lousy.

Forms:

http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user...le=Fo rms.jpg

Net effect:

http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user...e teffect.jpg

You needed more water. Oh well, live and learn. It will work just fine.

Let the concrete cure for a few weeks (or months if you want) until it
gets its final color, then apply some sanded mortar. The store will
have a color chart you can use to get the best match. I have a Mapei
(brand name) chart that must have 60 different colors, so there's bound
to be one that will suit you.

Heck, go wild and cover the whole border with the nice turquoise color.
;-)

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement