Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Samuel M. Goldwasser Samuel M. Goldwasser is offline

Default "growler"

PeterD writes:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 07:44:23 -0500, "jimhigh66"
wrote:

Yes, there's a coil and a switch and also a light bulb and set of probes.
The probes and light bulb are wired across the 120V line -- makes no sense
and also dangerous! Suspect the probes should be connected to the bulb and
have no connection to the line. Jim H.

Nope... Probalby not, I suspect there was little consideration for
safety when that sucker was made. g It was used as a continuity
tester.

Read Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growler_(electrical_device)

--