Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Emco Compact 5 lathe / mill

On 2008-10-02, Vernon wrote:
On Sep 29, 9:12*pm, "DoN. Nichols" wrote:

* * * * (too) near Washington D.C. |http://www.d-and-d.com/dnichols/DoN.html

[ ... ]

Hey Don, I didn't know you were an accordion player. So am I
although I am a dunce on the concertina. I played 120 bass piano key
accordion as a kid. V

Well ... not accordion -- just concertina (and tinwhistle).
Which style of concertina did you try? Probably an Anglo style ((loke a
couple of harmonicas in two different keys broken in half wit the low
end going up the left hand side and the high end going down the right
hand side, so if you turned both hands palms down (and the bellows was
long enough to allow this), you could see the buttons form a row per
harmonica. Anyway -- this style gives a different note on press vs draw
for each button. If you play the Piano Accordion, you could probably
play the English system concertina fairly well too.

The English system is what I play.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564