Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central Heating Inhibitor

In article ,
John Stumbles wrote:
I've recently changed the boiler on my 25+ year old system which has
used Fernox inhibitor all its life - changed at approx 5 year
intervals. And the water that drained out was pretty clear - no sign
of the black gunge others talk about. Of course a cheaper one may have
worked as well - but I'm not inclined to take the risk.

Bet you'd still have got some squid ink out of the bottoms of your rads!

Yes - I re-sited one rad at the same time and there was some black water
at the bottom.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.