Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] awtltd@gmail.com is offline

Default 1900 long Radiator - Anyone Know Who Makes One??

On 2 Oct, 22:34, "
wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:30*pm, wrote:

On 2 Oct, 19:18, tony sayer wrote:

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and
boss (wife) does not want to see bent
'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

Can't you get the shorter one and pad the ends out with a couple if
tailpieces each end?..
--
Tony Sayer

Hi Tony,
I thought of this but the only tails I know of (from screwfix) are not
long enough:

Pipe centres = 1987mm
Pipe centre to bottom of socket = 15mm
Rad = 1800mm

Hence: 1987 - (2x15) - 1800 = 157

Therefore each tail needs to have a 78.5mm extension

The total length of the srewfix one is about 50mm - it would need to
be about 25mm longer to be long enough.

Anyone know of any tails this long?

Kev

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12561/

I think it would work to use one of these minus nut and olive in the
radiator, followed by chrome pipe to the required length, then a
compression rad valve such ashttp://www.screwfix.com/prods/49258
(without the first section obviously)

A- Hide quoted text -

That looks like it might do the job, I think all I would need is the
extension bit from the product you showed plus the tail I was looking
at http://www.screwfix.com/prods/15531/...il-Compression
Then I could just adjust the length to suit.

I'll check it out and post how I get on

Cheers,

Kev