Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 1900 long Radiator - Anyone Know Who Makes One??

Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above – anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes – but I don’t want to modify
the piping if possible.

Thanks,

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above – anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes – but I don’t want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:37:33 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

wrote in message
Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above – anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes – but I don’t want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

Dontcha just detest messages from Google Groups that don't quote
properly .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct, 13:37, "Bob Mannix" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above – anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes – but I don’t want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and
boss (wife) does not want to see bent
'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

wrote in message
Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above - anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes - but I don't want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always
ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

Dontcha just detest messages from Google Groups that don't quote
properly .

Ah, is that what it is - I wondered if it were me! Yes I do detest it.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:47:19 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above - anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes - but I don't want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always
ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

Dontcha just detest messages from Google Groups that don't quote
properly .

Ah, is that what it is - I wondered if it were me! Yes I do detest it.

What did you do different in that last reply? It quoted properly?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:47:19 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

wrote in message
Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above - anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes - but I don't want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always
ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

Dontcha just detest messages from Google Groups that don't quote
properly .

Ah, is that what it is - I wondered if it were me! Yes I do detest it.

What did you do different in that last reply? It quoted properly?

It weren't me at fault it were the OP (I think) I replied to the OP's post
(which was from google) and it didn't quote properly. No problem replying to
your post, which was and did quote properly.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:00:05 +0100, "Bob Mannix"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

Aaah...Now I understand ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

wrote in message

Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above – anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes – but I don’t want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always
ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and
boss (wife) does not want to see bent
'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

www.1900mmlongradiators.co.uk

Anygood?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

Hi,

Getting desperate!

Just as it says above – anyone know who or where I can get one?

Ideally 600 high double convector

1800 or 2000 appear to be common sizes – but I don’t want to modify
the piping if possible.

In my experience (assuming identical ones aren't available) you always
ends
up modifying the piping. Modifying by 25mm is often more difficult than
modifying by 100mm!

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and
boss (wife) does not want to see bent
'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

www.1900mmlongradiators.co.uk

Anygood?- Hide quoted text -

I Wish!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and
boss (wife) does not want to see bent
'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

Can't you get the shorter one and pad the ends out with a couple if
tailpieces each end?..
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct, 19:18, tony sayer wrote:
There lies the problem - pipes go into a solid (concrete?) floor and
boss (wife) does not want to see bent
'S' shaped pipe to extend from the existing.

Kev

Can't you get the shorter one and pad the ends out with a couple if
tailpieces each end?..
--
Tony Sayer

Hi Tony,
I thought of this but the only tails I know of (from screwfix) are not
long enough:

Pipe centres = 1987mm
Pipe centre to bottom of socket = 15mm
Rad = 1800mm

Hence: 1987 - (2x15) - 1800 = 157

Therefore each tail needs to have a 78.5mm extension

The total length of the srewfix one is about 50mm - it would need to
be about 25mm longer to be long enough.

Anyone know of any tails this long?

Kev
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 2, 9:30*pm, wrote:
[...]

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12561/

I think it would work to use one of these minus nut and olive in the
radiator, followed by chrome pipe to the required length, then a
compression rad valve such as http://www.screwfix.com/prods/49258
(without the first section obviously)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Oct, 22:34, "
wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:30*pm, wrote:

[...]

A- Hide quoted text -

That looks like it might do the job, I think all I would need is the
extension bit from the product you showed plus the tail I was looking
at http://www.screwfix.com/prods/15531/...il-Compression
Then I could just adjust the length to suit.

I'll check it out and post how I get on

Cheers,

Kev

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 October 2008 23:53:58 UTC+1, wrote:
On 2 Oct, 22:34, "
wrote:

[...]

how did you get on? as im having exact same issue in our hallway
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Oct 2, 9:30Â*pm, wrote:

[...]

You do realise hat you're replying to a 10 year old post?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well only 10 years ago, hope the gear is still made....
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote:

[...]

Issues with buying a 1900 colonial home? Home Repair 2 May 2nd 07 03:14 AM
Looking for a 400mm long radiator with connections towards floor. misterroy UK diy 11 February 11th 07 03:22 PM
Radiator 1900 Desireless Home Repair 1 July 6th 05 06:08 PM
Long thin "radiator" Nick Atty UK diy 20 March 15th 05 07:06 PM
Long towel radiator needed john Smith UK diy 1 January 2nd 05 08:17 PM