Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spamlet Spamlet is offline

Default Inlet vent for open fire - ?

"S Viemeister" wrote in message
Spamlet wrote:

Not by any means an expert on this though. Have similar dilemma after
being conned into the benefits of a flueless fire. Ours may or may not
be consuming its own emissions, but it sure does very quickly use up all
the air in the room, so just tends to suffocate rather than poison. Like
you, I am wondering how to get an air supply to this to make it safe,
without causing the drafts. As the room is also getting musty as a
result of the blocking up of the chimney when this wondrous new item was
fitted, it may look pretty but in effect it has been a dangerous mistake.

It sounds as if either the fire or its installation (or both) may be
defective. Winter's coming - I hope you get it sorted soon!

We have CH as well: the fire is mostly for show and to take off initial
chill before the CH gets going. Of most concern is what another user may do
when the house is sold on...