Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Central Heating Inhibitor

In article ,
Slider wrote:
Currently got some Sentinel X400 (sludge remover) in my system. Will be
draining down and re-filling shortly and looking at the difference
types of inhibitor. Our house 13 rads, looks like 1 litre of Sentinel
X100 will protect upto 10 rads. Screwfix have some no-nonsense CH
inhibitor (£8 versus £13 for the Sentinel brand). As I need 2 litres I
was thinking of getting the No-nonsense brand. Has anyone used this
stuff? Is it worth spending the extra £10 and getting 2 litres of
Sentinel?

I've recently changed the boiler on my 25+ year old system which has used
Fernox inhibitor all its life - changed at approx 5 year intervals. And
the water that drained out was pretty clear - no sign of the black gunge
others talk about. Of course a cheaper one may have worked as well - but
I'm not inclined to take the risk.

--
*A cubicle is just a padded cell without a door.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.