Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Central Heating Inhibitor

wrote in message
On 2 Oct, 15:03, Rod wrote:
Slider wrote:
Currently got some Sentinel X400 (sludge remover) in my system. Will be
draining down and re-filling shortly and looking at the difference
types of
inhibitor. Our house 13 rads, looks like 1 litre of Sentinel X100 will
protect upto 10 rads. Screwfix have some no-nonsense CH inhibitor ( 8
versus 13 for the Sentinel brand). As I need 2 litres I was thinking of
getting the No-nonsense brand. Has anyone used this stuff? Is it worth
spending the extra 10 and getting 2 litres of Sentinel?

Have a look he

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Inhibitor

(I didn't use Fernox, but can't remember what I did use - it appears to
have worked OK. But if/when I need to do it again, I shall be looking at
those results before choosing.)

--
Rod

onset.

Last year I used Fenox - the stuff you inject into the Radiator -
worked for me!

How do you know?
Maybe you can come back in another 19 years or so and let us know?