Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

Larry Jaques was heard from the next city to say:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:48:30 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

(...)

That's amazing, Winston.

Don't get me wrong. They guy is definitely smarter than I am, ...

I agree. (You don't wanna know with which parts.

Did I ever claim to be the sharpest knife in the drawer?

(...)

(Note to self: Stop Evangelizing)

Amen.

Um. (Cough) Yesss. Sorry.

(...)

Uh, I _knew_ that much.

Do you have a license for Advanced Lexicogrification or is it
just a hobby?

I unscrewed the pad from the top and welded on a piston extension to
drive the table mechanism. I made a connecting rod to couple a gear motor
to the master cylinder.

_That_ is what I referred to as a rotary-to-linear pump adaptor, sir.

Ah. Indeed. Right you are!

See, after I was happy with the design, I
grabbed each of the pieces and made G-Code files. The mill made all
the parts and I welded them up.

"Wow!" he said, bowing to the man with a CNC mill.

It's *real* casual. RT Linux driving a Xylotex card.
http://www.linuxcnc.org/

I love EMC!

Ah, another satisfied customer. Oh, what do upgrades cost, or is it
one of the fantastic free-upgrade programs? I love those.

Upgrades are not free. But they are very reasonably priced, given the
added functionality. In 6.5 years, I've upgraded once and was delighted
with the increased functionality.

"Reasonably priced" from the man who thinks $1k is lunch money.
shrug

It was about 300 as I recall. Worth every penny!

See, I played with Red Hat Linux for a few years, too.
I got *real tired* of sending them $170 every few months for support.

I love Rhino. (D'oH!)

--Winston