Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheating Contractors

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
Inspectors around here are actually not that hard to work with if you
just follow the code and standards. Sometimes a municipality will have
a little different standards than a national code book so we don't
argue with them and everything works out. I have a job going on right
now where I have to move old equipment and install new. It's not just
inspectors we have to deal with, it's all the other guys doing different
things for the project.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Most inspectors are OK and they know the contractors that will try to get by
and the ones that will follow the code all the time. There are always a few
inspectors that are on a power trip and like being a PITA, especially to the
homeowner. Of course, some of them deserve the hard time too.

I've seen inspections done over the phone and I've seen some not done at
all. You find good and bad everywhere.