Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Custom wood door frame

wrote in message
I think the least expensive approach is for me to remove the bottom
part of the wood door frame, and replace it. However, I cannot find
suitable lumber. The door is 1-3/4" thick, which is thicker than the
typical 2x4s. Is there any source for lumber with "standard door
thickness"?

Thanks,

MC

Ask around at work or your neighbors for anyone that does woodworking either
as a sideline or a hobby. They can make a piece to fit from 8/4 stock
planed down to proper thickness. Some lumberyards that bill themselves as
"lumber and millwork" can do it also.

I'd cut it back as far as needed to get rig of the rot and glue and screw
the new piece in place. If painted it can be made pretty much invisible.