Posted to alt.home.repair
jazz jazz is offline

Default Maintanince on furnace..etc.

On Oct 1, 12:29*pm, ransley wrote:
On Sep 30, 3:53*pm, Bubba wrote:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:03:29 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Sep 30, 7:44*am, "Moe Jones" wrote:
jazz wrote:
How often do you get your *furnace / AC maintained. I live in cold
climate with 2-3 months of hot. *I was recommended yearly for both.
Are the
extended *service plans worth the extra cost.

Thanks

I am retired from the business and you should have any A/C and Heating
system check before you use them to make sure all is safe to operate..
When it comes to a extended service plan all I can say if you trust your A/C
& Heating company, the plan is good for you and for them but if you do not
trust the company then it can bite you on the butt. I would use them on some
simple jobs and then see if they were fair and honest to you.
--
Moe Joneshttp://www.MoeJones.info

Safe? If the furnace runs and you have a Co detector what is unsafe.
Yearly maintenance on a Ng furnace is a waste of money if you can
check filters and flame condition.

You're still a friggin idiot Ransley. You still dont understand the
operation of fueled combustion.
I can put a furnace in your home with a hole in the heat exchanger big
enough to put your fat head through and I can still make it burn with
no CO. Then one cold night while you are asleep, the conditions are
just right (temp, humidity, etc) and all of a sudden the unit produces
enough CO to kill you in only a very short time
You really are a dangerous idiot.
Again I'll quote. Read your owners manual. Almost all will tell you to
have yearly maintenance and it can affect your warranty.
I really dont think all those manufacturers are putting that in print
because they feel sorry for us hvac guys and want us to line our
pockets with tune up money. Tune ups themselves are NOT money makers.
Take your tin-foil hat off Ransley. Its affecting your brain waves
beamed in from Mars.
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

Is that what you do Bubba, business is that bad you have to Bull****
and LIE to all your customers their warranty is at risk, unless they
have you out every heat season turn on for a fee. Are you calling my
authorised AO Smith, Weil McLain and Lennox installers - dealers
incompetants, and that they putting me at risk.

BTW_ my mother was told she needs yearly maintenace on her gas
fireplace. I started to investigate
and found that many people never get one done. What is the deal with
this-? I live in apt and don't know
anything about this stuff. Is she getting ripped off ?

Thanks for all your comments.