Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete - Using Quickcrete, how much to mix?

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 13:06:19 -0500, dpb wrote:

wrote:
: This is my first crack at concrete. Small job and I figure I'll need a
: bit over 1.5 cubic feet, and I'm planning to do the work this afternoon.
:...
: I read the instructions on the bag of Quickcrete (60 lb.) I bought, and
: it says to use 4 quarts of water with it, maximum 5 quarts. There's no
: mention of how many cubic feet (or inches, I figure a cubic foot is 1725
: cubic inches) I can expect to get out of a 60 lb. bag. I don't want to
: mix much more than I'll need, and figure a sure don't want to mix less.
: How do I determine how much to mix?
:
:http://www.quikrete.com/Calculator/Main.asp
:
:A 60-lb bag will make just under 0.5 cu-ft, an 80 about 0.6. It's
rinted on the bags somewhere, I'm sure.

Yeah, probably printed. I cut out the instructions and threw away the
bag, storing the mix in plastic containers to seal out moisture. The
instructions don't say.