Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default What does the current economic crisis mean to US metal industry?

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 17:56:16 -0400, the infamous Wes
scrawled the following:

Jim Stewart wrote:

Awesome. maybe you can fire a round into a plugged barrel next.

It would be metalworking at least....

Unless you are firing from a fortified position, you are not going to get to shoot that
much before being taken out by the government.

Now ammo would be an excellent barter item though.

Uncle built reloading dies for a 50/70 or some sort of odd cartrige recently. Sounds like
he has a buddy with an oldie that wants to touch it off.

Speaking of oldies, a couple years ago, I went out to the range during
the Machine Gun Shoot day and one guy had built a matchlock rifle out
of an old Vulcan barrel. He cast the 20mm lead balls himself and
"touched it off" with a rope of real hemp. He got lots of interesting
looks from the folks downwind, myself included. I ended up shooting
the thing. Great fun "plinking" with a 20mm instead of a .22! The
second-long time delay with the fuse and the flashpan was a kick, too.

I'm wondering when it's going to be illegal to shoot the soft-tipped
Wolf ammo here in Oregano. They're already illegal in CA due to the
lead content, I believe.

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.