Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default What does the current economic crisis mean to US metal industry?

On 2008-10-01, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:16:54 -0700, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:59:33 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Im already good to go on ammo, etc etc..."just in case"
Know any good deals on 7.62x51 NATO?

There isnt any. It all went to the Sandbox

Now 7.62x54....its pretty cheap by the spam can and fits a Dragonov
nicely

I used that corrosive 7.62x54 ammo a lot and still have some left. It
is corrosive indeed. However, by now that ammunition is very old and
gives plenty of duds. Okay for range practice, but not so good for any
real life "situation". I would say that my practice was 10-20% of
duds.

Awesome. maybe you can fire a round into a plugged barrel next.

It would be metalworking at least....