Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:38:29 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news
snip

* Rhino $995, Training CDs $100, Visual Tips $79 = $1,174

Two possible solutions: Marry a teacher, or have a kid in college. My
upgrade cost $95 either way.

IF you're married AND have one or both of those options available, go
for it. I used to be able to get Adobe products for $100 as a
reseller. They divorced us. wah!

You have to weight costs against benefits for these solutions, of course.
d8-)

It's proper to buy a new tool to do a job. It's improper to buy the
horse when all you need is a quick ride on occasion. that horse costs
you a house, a car, an entire wardrobe, etc...and that's all _before_
the divorce.

Well, after 34 years, I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

Like cars, I keep them until they have no trade-in value. This is my first
wife, of course. d8-)

Yeah, the trade in costs are even steeper than initial setup fees. You
were one of the lucky ones. The majority of owners are far less happy.
That's why I've always rented the low-upkeep models.

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.