Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Chlorinate well question

On Sep 30, 9:53*pm, "Steve Barker DLT"
wrote:
Oh pleeeeeeese..... * i grew up on well water and you do not chlorinate it.
Jeeeeeze.. *What's the purpose of having a well if you're going to ruin the
water like city water?

"cln" wrote in message

Why do you want to chlorinate it?

dadiOH

Why? Why do you wash your vegetables before eating? Why would you need
a test to make sure there is nothing in the water? My parents and
brother where 'quick walking' to the bathroom for a week before they
got the water tested... doesn't need a test if there is something
suspicious.

Why would you not?... really, sure it's a job to shock your well but
is there a danger to doing it when you don't need to? Kinda like the
vegetable thing, it would be the same as washing organic vegetables.
(Please respond if their is a risk OTHER than the chemicals left in
the lines by a DIY'er)

One more thing... I'm thinking of selling my house next spring, if I
get a test done and there is a reason to shock the well, I have to
declare it when I sell. If I don't know of the problem but shock the
well anyways, the tests when I sell the house will show an all clear!
I'll be glad that I shocked it for MY own health and future sale of
the house!

cln- Hide quoted text -

So country folks can say city water is