Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Chlorinate well question

On Sep 30, 6:50*pm, "Sudy Nim" wrote:
"Blattus Slafaly" wrote in message

Sudy Nim wrote:
*My well is 44 years old, 100 feet deep and 5-inch diameter, with a

submersible
pump. What is the recommended chlorinating procedure for the novice? TIA

Depends on your water test for coliform bacteria. If it's zero, no need..
If it's detected, a one time flash chlorination to get rid of it and
then retest. Only if I had persistent recurring coliform bacteria
problem would I consider chlorination. I would also be looking up stream
for the cause of the contamination.

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8

Appreciate all the replies. The previous owner said he dumped a gallon of bleach
into the well via the removable cap once a year to clean the well, improve taste
and to remove bacteria. Just wanted to continue with his instructions. However,
as I can not see any problem thought it would be best to ask those with
experience if this was a required routine. Sudy Nim

Why put a poison into good water Bleach is a poison that kills AIDs