Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

Drawing boats is not the only think I do,

But assembling something from primitives certainly won't produce a hull
shape.

Take a look here, Winston.

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/draft.htm

This drawing took me two hours from starting the lines.

Do it with Rhino and compare?

Fair challenge, don't you think?

Drawing the lines of a hull isn't easy, but good NURBS modelers today
make it a lot easer. Those are very nice work, Richard.

Take a look at the marine applications of Rhino. It's become popular for
drafting hulls:

http://www.rhino3d.com/marine.htm

--
Ed Huntress

Oh man, oh man!
I have drooled all over my keyboard!

Rhino can do it.
I suspect that's professional work though.

I bought DC version 18 at Frys for $69

Yes, the price of Rhino is a real problem unless you have a professional use
for it. I used it for making 3D magazine illustrations, after it passed out
of its multi-year, free beta stage, and I paid what was then the full price
for it. At the time I was covering CAD for a couple of magazines and the
original math geek for Rhino, Michael Gibson, became my teacher about 3D. So
I was into it early on.

However, it's raced past what I used to do with it, and I'm really amazed at
what it can do now. If I didn't have to work I'd spend a *lot* of hours with
it. It's an exciting tool.

But there are a lot of cheaper programs around now. I'm out of touch, so I
don't know how the cheaper ones stack up against Rhino.

--
Ed Huntress