Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default 20 gauge steel = ?? gauge Al

On 2008-09-30, wrote:

[ ... ]

Make sure that this model will take a full 12 inch sheet of metal. I
remember reading somewhere that
a guy bought the Grizzly version of this machine and discovered that
it could only handle 11.7 inches.
Since sheet metal usually comes in increments of 12" this might be a
problem with this machine. I bought
the 30" model from ENCO because of this limitation. I use it for
making radio chassis and cutting PC board.
ENCO has good deals on sheets of aluminium in their monthly sales
catalog. The 30" inch model is way larger
than I need, it would have been nice to find a true 12" shear.

DiAcro made one -- and they show up on eBay from time to time.
None right now, but a couple of 14" ones. These are 16 ga machines,
BTW.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |