Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

Wes wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:

www.grumpyoldgeek.com/images/AlibreDwg.pdf

It's not cheap by Larry J's definition. OTOH, it's
saved me way more than it costed.

So just want did it cost in current configuration?

I think the pro version is about a thousand and
change. Does both solid and sheet metal and comes
with a CAM package. I haven't used the CAM package
so I can't speak for it. There is also a free version
called design xpress that is pretty powerful, but
can't do sheet metal, which was a deal-killer for
me.

Be advised that discounts and freebees are available
and the salespeople are highly motivated to close a
deal. I've gotten a couple of years of free support
and some training DVD's that way.