Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Drawing program CAD

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:46:32 -0400, the infamous "Ed Huntress"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:27:48 -0700, the infamous Winston
scrawled the following:

Flash wrote:
In the past week or so, somebody mentioned a drawing program he was
using,
and I cannot find it again, and, believe me, I have sifted through a
mountain of dreck, as well as a lot of serious and genuine posts.

Anybody care to metion their favorite cheap drawing program?

I've wasted more time than I care to admit on 'cheap' drawing programs.
Rhino is inexpensive, particularly for what it allows you to do.

http://www.rhino3d.com

I'm not Flash, but I represent all the tightwads out here in
recessionist America when I say "Winnie, Winnie, Winnie, *$1,174 IS
NEITHER CHEAP NOR INEXPENSIVE!" Hayseuss Crisco, my wallet is still
whining after that one.

I think Flash meant TurboCAD, SmartCad, Envisioneer, and SketchUP
(free versions) etc.

* Rhino $995, Training CDs $100, Visual Tips $79 = $1,174

Two possible solutions: Marry a teacher, or have a kid in college. My
upgrade cost $95 either way.

IF you're married AND have one or both of those options available, go
for it. I used to be able to get Adobe products for $100 as a
reseller. They divorced us. wah!

You have to weight costs against benefits for these solutions, of course.
d8-)

It's proper to buy a new tool to do a job. It's improper to buy the
horse when all you need is a quick ride on occasion. that horse costs
you a house, a car, an entire wardrobe, etc...and that's all _before_
the divorce.

--Cur, the Mudgeon.

-
If the gods had meant us to vote, they'd have given us candidates.