Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What batteries to use?

About a year ago, I bought several Duracell NiMH rechargable cells.
Use in my digital camera, and Mini Mag flash light. I've been very
pleased with them. The folks at the local walmart say that Energizer
brand work better. Faster flash charge time. I may buy some to try
out.

The Duracell leakage I experienced was with alkalines.

SM: Yes, you did write that.

For the original poster's label maker, I also suggest alkalines. I've
used a lot of Thunderbolt Magnum cells from Harbor Freight, and they
have been consistently good to me.

I bought one box of AAA alkaline's from HF,and even the unused,stored ones
began leaking.

SM: Oops! Thanks for the head up. I was going to buy some AAA cells at HF
later today.

I prefer Fuji Novel alkalines,as the price is lower than brand name cells.
(from Big Lots stores)

SM: Friend of mine likes Dollar General. I may try them. He says their AA
cells are five bucks for 24 cells, which is a very good price.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik