Posted to alt.home.repair
Sac Dave Sac Dave is offline

Default Solar Pool Cover - ignore if you don't own a pool

"olddog" wrote in message
Two years ago I bought a solar pool cover for my in-ground pool. 12 mil 5
year warranty. The one I bought was mfg by GLI Pool Products.

First year was fine. At the end of the second year it started falling
apart. There are little circles from the bubbles are all over the place
and it tears real easy.

So I got talked to the company that sold it to me (Warehouse Pool Supply,
Austin Tx) and they told me to call GLI to find out about the warranty.

I sent in the required info to GLI and they sent me back a letter. Telling
me I was entitled to a new cover I'd just have to send them $125 for the
freight.

Funny thing is I can buy the same cover on the internet (free shipping)
for about $80.

http://www.pcpools.com/products/igso...u=NS400&id=117

I can't help but think this is a cynical joke.

I get 3 years out of mine . And that's what the pool supply said I would
get.