Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Double Carbide Insert QCTP Toolholder for AXA Toolposts

FWIW, there are two eBay sellers offering these double-ended turning-facing
(threading?) toolholders presently.

HHip and tools4cheap are offering these holders with inserts for $44/45 plus
shipping.
I would expect that these tools are China imports, so expect that the
dovetail dimensions may differ on these generic/cloned parts.

The holder type-number for this particular style of holders is type 16 or
16* with a suffix letter, as a RCM participant with a genuine Aloris holder
had informed me of, when I had asked about the toolholder in a posting quite
some time ago.

A number of years ago, hhip was the only seller that I could find that was
listing these holders, then afer a while, there wasn't anyone that I could
find offering them for sale.

In case there might be anyone that's buying tooling these days that doesn't
already know, the fit/quality of "interchangeable" parts from China (or
India) is often fairly poor.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html