Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.equipment,rec.antiques

Default O'Keefe and Merritt range question: turning all the ovens without the pilot light

"Kompu Kid" wrote in message

http://www.classicranges.com/Web%20Pix/OM1950.jpg

I had the utility guy turn off the pilot light early summer since it
was adding a tremendous amount of heat load to the already hot
southerly kitchen.

How do I turn on the ovens without the pilot light being on?

Thanks!

Deguza
[Please post your response here, I do not check my Hotmail account.]

You turn the knob on the front. Oh, you mean how do you "light" the oven.

The older ovens that had no pilot light had a round port on the front of the
bottom oven pan where you held a match and turned the gas valve on. Yours
may or may not have that setup. If not, you have to get a flame down to
burner level with either a long match or one of the butane bbq lighters.
With winter coming, re-light the pilot as it will just add needed heat to
the house.