Posted to alt.home.repair
SBH[_2_] SBH[_2_] is offline

Default Fire pit

I know this isn't a "home repair" question but I am wondering if anyone has
this minor problem with a fire pit on a wooden deck.

We bought a fire pit yesterday from Home Depot and placed it on the corner
of our wooden deck. After awhile, I noticed the deck turning darker under
the pit as well as something which looks like tree sap oozing out. I believe
it may be the stain/sealant I applied a few months ago. Anyway, I was
thinking of putting four 2 ft x 1 inch thick pavers forming a square under
the pit. Will this be enough to disperse or stop the heat from penetrating
to the deck?

Thanks