Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Vernon[_2_] Vernon[_2_] is offline

Default Emco Compact 5 lathe / mill

On Sep 29, 5:17*pm, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 14:47:42 -0700 (PDT), Vernon

wrote:
On Sep 29, 3:58*pm, RB wrote:
Vernon wrote:
By way of follow-up to everybody. *I was the successful bidder for the
Emco Compact 5 lathe / mill. *However, bidding was stiff and I was the
only guy too dumb and hard headed to give up. *I don't even know if
it's complete with all the standard essential accessories.

This ebay seller has the most complete listing of accessories for the
Emco 5s. *He is in England but he ships here for reasonable rates.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/barnac...rsZ1QQ_fromZQQ....

Thanks. *Since hope springs ever eternal I continue to daydream that I
will pick up the lathe in my arms and need a forklift to load the
accessories. *As soon as reality sticks its ugly beak into my fantasy
I will definitely be searching for accessories.

Vernon

============
Be reminded that in many cases it is possible to make the desired
accessory. *These can be enjoyable and educational projects in
and of themselves. *For example seehttp://mcduffee-associates.us/machining/TRAVEL~1.HTM

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).- Hide quoted text -

Unka' George. Your link was inspiring. My son Mark inherited his
mechanical genius from his mom. Seriously. I have made inquiries to
get them into a manual machining course come next January at a
community college on the outskirts of Houston. I can hardly wait to
see them start down this fascinating path to discovery. V