Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default New Gun Problem

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 20:37:54 -0400, Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Yes in deed! And many thanks! I got in there about 9pm and they had
it sitting on the back bar since you dropped it off. Some folks sure
gave me interesting looks when I picked it up. I think you enhanced
my reputation a smidge. Some of the more obnoxious types kept their
mouths shut while I was in there....chuckle

Okay, what was the item? Use the lycos address if need be.

Wes

A Dust Collector. And a right nice one too!

1st Place trophy that I managed to somehow get by being less bad than
everyone else in my particular class, cops, ex cops, military and ex
military.

Shooting a Major caliber. Ran the course 2x, once with my daily driver
45, shooting street duty loads, and the other with my "at home in the
desert" 4" .41 Mag, using full house hunting loads. No idea which one
go the trophy. Double action only with the .41.

Oddly enough, I generally shoot faster and more accurately with a 4"
wheelgun, have for years. But I carry a self loader because they are
smaller and thinner than a similar wheel gun, and holds more ammo and
the reloads take up less space.

Trophy had this shooter on the top in the FBI stance, all nicely done,
right pretty. Jim did good. Very nice course of fire, easy for the
women and kids and the non shooters who wanted to give it a try.

The range facilities are wonderful!!! Ive not seen such a nice range,
as well taken care of and laid out so well, in many years, and seldom
in California. Unfortunately its about 60 miles away from the little
place I keep in the LA area, and about 150 miles from my home near
bakersfield, so wont be going out there all that often. But I will be
making the matches as they are scheduled.

Gunner

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich